Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Through it all Love is the answer.

I think being apart of a youth group is awesome. We all share the same faith and can talk about it freely. Each of us is a drop of water and together we make up an ocean. Things get difficult when you are placed in a position you never intended to be. Don't get me wrong I know God likes to interrupt our lives and that's okay with me. I learn the most sometimes when God just stops what im doing and mainly jus tells me whats gonna happen. Its hard for me to stand around as christian's bash the kid who drinks and doesn't like a kid just because they do drugs. We all have different stories and why we are the way we are. Ive learned to love everyone. I know sounds weird but the kid who is always getting into fights or the kid who the one who gets high almost everyday of their life. It pains me to hear people i know who can sit and talk about the people who are going through that. Some of my greatest friends who ive been there for me when i need someone to talk to are the ones who like to party and do drugs. I think society puts people into catogories. You drink once as a christian now your know as a "partier" or clearly makes all bad choices and we are a "fake christian". We have to make mistakes in order to grow and learn. What about the kid who will sit with there friends and talk crap about the one who spends to much time flirting all the time going from one boy to another. People tend to look at the bad in someones life and when people ask about someone you kind of know people bring out the worst in someone. I know i dont want to be known as a lier or a "partier". I know that aside from the areas i mess up i know i have some really good qualities and passions in life.
What always makes me the most upset is when even people i thought see past the bad only want to lecture me and point out the bad things i do in my life. It makes me feel like a shitty person. Im not here to please anyone, i hear to do what God has called me to do. I know i will fuck up plenty of times. I guess ive realized that i am role model but at the same time i cant stress over that. Im human i will occassially listen to bad music, swear when im angry but i know God is working through me to fix me. I am just as broken as the drug addict. I just found my hope in God and they havent yet. I think some people are so quick to give up on them, but i see hope in them. They are broken but NO ONE every has the right to sit there and say they dont like them if they havent even bothered to talk to them. Or base what they had heard through other people.
Havent even bothered to see that most broken people arent found in other countries. You dont need to leave to country to be a missionary. People in America are broken but people are so quick to get a plane ticket to Africa. What about the forgotten kids here. Dont get me wrong i think it is awesome people are taking action but some look over the simple neighbor who needs someone or the friend who parties every weekend and just needs a friend to talk with. You dont consider that a missionary but if you spreading Gods love then you dont have to go anywhere to be a missionary. As a christian the more people push what you should be doing the less people will listen to you. The more they point out what you do wrong i mean who wants to go somewhere where everyweek they get a talk about how they arent living the right way. Screw the good things your doing lets not even bring them up lets just talk about what your not doing. No one wants that. Its hard to explain to some people who just dont know yet. I hate to even say it but from the time i was a freshman to a senior i was exposed to so much more. Not saying freshman dont know but its easy to hate the girl who sleeps around cause she is a "slut" but she doesnt need someone to tell her that she sleeps around and she def doesnt need other people telling everyone. She needs a consisitant friend who is going to love her through this hard time in her life. Your in no place to say why she is doing what she is doing unless you are her. I think people need to spend more time just loving eachother than actually putting people into boxes based on a mistake. Yes we need to help others when they are sinning and maybe even point it out to them but its not our job to change them. We cant change anyone. Lecturing them all the time is just going to not want to be around you. Have to spend more time encourging eachother on what we do really well instead of always pointing out the places we mess up.
Whenever everything goes wrong or your stress just know: Love is the answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment